Foxton Lane is located between William and Queen streets, just east of Market Street. It is a dead-end lane extending to the north from Flinders Street through to Flinders Lane. Over the years a wide array of businesses has been located on Foxton Lane. In 1860, auctioneers, produce salesman and wool brokers were all located in this lane. By 1895, the eastern side comprised warehouses, whilst the north-west corner provided an access-way for the back of the London Hotel. The Leadenhall Chambers located on Market Street also had rear-access on Foxton Lane.