Market Street connects Flinders Street through to Collins Street between William and Queen streets. In 1888, the National Hotel, several cabinet makers and Yeoman's laboratory were located in the street. On 17 September 1891, Woolf & Destree Solicitors, who occupied 43 Market Street, wrote to the city health officer in an attempt to call immediate attention to the poor state of drainage in the street. In 1910, Market Street was a relatively busy and developed street. It was home to the Cadbury Brothers business, which produced cocoa. The Leadenhall, Phoenix Chambers, Baring Chambers, Colonial Mutual Chambers and the Market Buildings were also located in the street. The Savings Bank, Customs House and a Post Office receiving pillar were also found in Market Street at this time.