Fulham Place is located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, extending to the north from Flinders Lane. The lane name was changed prior to 1915 from Lambeth Place. In 1895, Fulham Place was the location of several different businesses, including the mantle piece importer and manufacturer Anderson & Co., and two different soap stores. The block in which Fulham Place is located was also dominated by banks in the late 1890s. The Mercantile Bank was located on the western side of the lane, fronting Collins Street, while Lincoln Chambers and the Commercial Bank were located on the eastern side, also fronting Collins Street.